The Motorola Droid 3 users are lucky because their device has an easy root method and to extend the happiness of users, there’s a simple app available that lets users flash custom recovery on the device. Whether you want to try out custom ROMs or Tweaks on your device, the first thing that you’re going to need is a custom recovery and the following guide shows you how you can install ClockworkMod on your Motorola Droid 3 smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before you do this procedure. Please head to our rooting guide to learn how to root your device.
2. Make sure your device is charged and has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. SafeStrap (Download link’s given in the first post, under Recovery section)
1. Place the SafeStrap APK file on your Desktop.
2. Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the APK File over to the root folder of your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device after you’ve copied the file.
5. Open the File Manager on your device and tap on the APK file to install it.
6. Go through the installation steps and finish it.
7. Launch the App from Menu on your device.
8. Hit the Install Recovery button given in the app and it should begin flashing recovery on your device.
9. Reboot your device when it’s done.
10. And you’re done!
Awesome! The ClockworkMod Recovery is now there on your device and flashing custom ROMs is just a matter of few taps for you!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Droid 3 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.