How to Unroot the Motorola Backflip (z4Root Method)
If you’ve used the z4Root method to root your Motorola Backflip smartphone, then you can use the same app to unroot your device. No need to flash stock ROM and all that stuff, just install the app, follow our steps, and get your device unrooted. Here’s how you can unroot your Motorola Backflip using the z4Root method.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, the following method won’t work for you.
2. Charge your device to have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. z4Root (It is attached in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Motorola Backflip:
1. Place the z4Root APK file on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the z4Root APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. As soon as the copying is done, disconnect the device from PC.
5. Enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
6. Turn ON the Unknown sources option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
7. Open the File Manager app on your device and tap on the z4Root APK file to install it.
8. Launch the z4Root app from your App Drawer.
9. Tap on Un-root button in the app and it should begin unrooting your device.
10. When the unrooting is done, you’ll get a notification on your screen.
Great! Your device has been successfully unrooted using the z4Root method. The warranty of your device is now back and you’re safe to take it to the service center, if you wish.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.