If you don’t find the stock ROM to be beautiful and useful, better you move to a custom ROM that provides the exact features you’re looking for. While we’ve already gained root access on the Casio GzOne Command, we just need a custom recovery to get started with custom ROMs. So, in this guide, we’ll show you how you can install a custom recovery on your Casio GzOne Commando.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root the Casio GzOne Commando procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Recovery Image (Download link’s given at the bottom in first post)
2. Recovery Flash File (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place all the three files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Extract files from the Recovery Flash archive to the SD card of your device. This should create a new folder called recoveryflash on your SD card.
4. Copy the recovery.img file over to the recoveryflash folder you just created on your SD card.
5. Reboot your device after the file has been copied.
6. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
7. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
8. Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
9. You should see a # before the next line. Now, issue the following commands:
cat /sdcard/recoveryflash/recoveryflash.sh > /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
chmod 0755 /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
10. It should flash the recovery on your device as well as boot you up into the Recovery mode.
11. You’re all done!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Casio GzOne Commando to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!