Just rooted your Acer Liquid Gallant Duo and want to install latest custom ROMs on it? No problem, the Android Developers around have covered your smartphone and a recovery image has been brought to the surface so you can flash it on your device. With a recovery like ClockworkMod, you will have a set of options to choose from which include flashing ROMs, taking backups and so on. Let’s see how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.
1. Your device needs to be rooted before you do this procedure. Please see our guide on how to root the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Recovery Package (Download link’s given in the first post, under CWM section)
1. Place the Recovery Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Remove the battery from your device while keeping it connected to the PC.
5. Your PC should ask you to install the drivers, choose the Desktop to search for drivers and install them.
6. Double-click on the flashtool.exe file you extracted from the archive.
7. Disconnect your device from your PC. Do NOT replace the battery.
8. Click on the option labeled Scatter-loading and select the text file available inside Scatter folder you have on your Desktop.
9. Click on the Recovery option and then browse to images folder where you’ll find a recovery image called cwm18.104.22.168.lucky76_1.img. Select it.
10. Click on Download button inside the tool.
11. Connect your device to your PC. Make sure you haven’t put the battery back into your device.
12. When you see a message saying ok, put the battery back into your device and unplug it from your PC.
13. You’re done!
Great! You’re now rocking ClockworkMod Recovery on your Gallant Duo. Though the procedure wasn’t as easy as one-click methods, you got success finally!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!