If you just rooted your LG Enlighten smartphone and want to do something cool with it, well, a custom recovery is all you need. Just install a custom recovery on your device and along with root-apps, you’ll have access to custom ROMs which have the power to completely transform the appearance of your device. In the guide below, we’ll show you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery, it’s a custom recovery, on your LG Enlighten smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root the LG Enlighten procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This is an unofficial version of the CWM Recovery.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given at the bottom of the post)
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop. Make sure you do NOT launch any file just yet.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Recovery Image file over to the root of your SD card.
5. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file has been copied.
6. Enable USB debugging on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Once again, connect the device to your PC.
8. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
9. Enter following commands into the Command Prompt Window. Press ENTER after each line:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-cwm-test.img
10. Once the flashing is done, enter following commands:
adb reboot recovery
11. You should reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
Awesome! The ClockworkMod Recovery has been successfully installed on your LG Enlighten. With the help of the functions of this recovery, you can install custom ROMs and all those ZIPs which are made to be flashed with the recovery!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Enlighten to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.