How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy Fit (GT-S5670) running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
If you are rooted on your Samsung Galaxy Fit and need to unroot for any reason, this guide will help you do it. Unrooting is useful if ever you need to turn your device for repairs to a service center and will help you avoid Samsung from voiding your warranty. Read on then to know how to unroot your Galaxy Fit if you are running Android 2.3.
I. Before You Begin
1. This guide will only work if you have followed our procedure on rooting the Galaxy Fit. Do not try this if you have used any other method of rooting.
2. Back up everything you feel is important.
3. Make sure you have your device charged to 75% or more before you begin.
II. Necessary Downloads
III. Unrooting the Galaxy Fit
1. Connect your device to your PC in USB Mass Storage Mode and copy the universal_gb_unroot_v9.zip to your SD card.
2. Disconnect your device and power it down.
3. Press and hold the Home button + Power button until your device boots into recovery mode.
4. Use the Volume Up and Down keys to navigate to apply update from sdcard and press the home button to select it.
5. Locate and select universal_gb_unroot_v9.zip to flash the file.
6. Once you see the install from sdcard complete message, select reboot system now.
Your Galaxy Fit should be unrooted at the end of the procedure
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
TheUnlockr.com, your source for how to root, hack, and mod to unlock your device's true potential.Look for your device here to get started.
Need a custom ROM?Check out our ROM Repository to view all the ROMs available for your device.
Check out David's latest videos here.