Are you looking for a custom recovery for your LG Viper 4G LTE to enjoy the beautiful custom ROMs floating around? Well, you’re in luck as a test CWM Recovery for your device is out now and it can easily be flashed on your device with a few commands. To simplify the process, we’ve put together all the steps to install CWM Recovery on your LG Viper 4G LTE in the following guide. Follow each step carefully and you should have a custom recovery on your device at the end.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our guide on how to root the LG Viper 4G LTE.
2. This is a test build of the CWM Recovery for your device.
3. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
1. Recovery Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place both the archives on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop. You can use tools like WinRAR to do so.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. When it asks for the connection type, select Charge only.
6. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop by pressing and holding the Shift button on your keyboard and right-clicking on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
7. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window. Press ENTER after each line you type:
adb push cwmrecovery.img /data/local/tmp/cwmrecovery.img
mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /system
busybox dd if=/data/local/tmp/cwmrecovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
8. It should flash the CWM Recovery on your device and will reboot you into the Recovery mode.
9. And you’re all set!
Excellent! You now have a working version of ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. Go ahead and download and flash a custom ROM on your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Viper 4G LTE to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.