If just root access on your device isn’t enough for you, you may consider installing a custom recovery. While the recovery still uses root access, it lets you flash custom ROMs that are cooked by enthusiast Android developers for your Android device. If you’ve a Sony Xperia Pro MK16i and have rooted it using our guide, you can follow the following steps to get a custom recovery on it. So, let’s get the procedure started:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our guide on how to root the Xperia Pro MK16i.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only. Sorry, Linux and Mac users!
1. RecoverX (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the RecoverX ZIP archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive and place them on your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RecoverX executable file that you extracted to your Desktop.
6. From the first screen of the tool, select your device.
7. On the second screen, choose the Recovery that you want to install. In this case, it’d be ClockworkMod Recovery.
8. Follow the instructions you see on your screen.
9. And you’re all done!
Great! The ClockworkMod Recovery’s now there on your device, waiting to be used to flash custom ROMs!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia Pro MK16i to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.