If you couldn’t unroot your Motorola XT701 using the SuperOneClick method, no problem. In this guide, we’ve used another method to unroot your device. The following unroot method is far simpler than any other unrooting methods you’d find on other sites. So, let’s see how you can unroot your Motorola XT701 using the z4Root method.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. Your device should have at least 50% of battery life left.
1. z4Root APK (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download the z4Root APK file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. You may disconnect the device from your PC after the file has been copied.
5. Go to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development and enable USB debugging option.
6. Enable the Unknown sources option as well. To do so, head to Menu>>Settings>>Security and tick-mark the box next to Unknown sources.
7. Open the File Manager on your device and install the APK you copied earlier.
8. After the app is installed, launch it from Menu.
9. Tap on Unroot button in the app and it should commence the unrooting process.
10. When it’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re unrooted now!
Brilliant! Your Motorola XT701 is now unrooted, all thanks to the z4Root method.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.