While the root procedure for the Nook Tablet involves steps that the novice users might not be familiar with, the unrooting procedure doesn’t involve any difficult steps. To unroot your Nook Tablet, all you need to do is install an app, run it and you should be unrooted, that’s it. To help you unroot your device, here we have a guide for you.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure that your device has at least 50% of battery life left.
3. This should erase all the data on your device. So, make sure you backup any important data before you do this procedure.
1. Nook Unrooter APK (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download the Nook Unrooter APK file to your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Push the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Unplug the device from your PC.
5. Open File Manager on your device and install the APK file you just copied.
6. Once it’s installed, launch it from Menu.
7. Tap on Unroot button in the app and let it unroot the device.
8. Reboot your device once unrooting’s done.
9. You’re all done!
Your device is now back to the factory state with no root access. You may now uninstall the Unrooter app on your device as you don’t need it anymore.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!