If you’re thinking to sell your smartphone or returning it to service center, we’d recommend you to unroot it first. Just like the rooting procedures exist, unrooting procedures are also there to help you reclaim the warranty of your device. In the following guide, we’ve covered the unrooting process for the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate I896 smartphone. Follow all the steps given below and you should be unrooted at the end.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. The device rooted with any other method may or may not be compatible with the following procedure.
2. Make it sure that your device will last till the end of the process, charge it to at least 50%.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop. It should make it easier to find it easily in the later steps.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file you put on your Desktop.
6. When it opens, hit the Unroot button and be patient till the process finishes.
7. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
8. You’re unrooted now!
Great! The root access’s gone from your device, leaving it compatible with only those apps that don’t require root!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!