How to Root the LG myTouch E739
Want to remove the bloatware that T-Mobile has loaded on your LG myTouch E739 device? No problem, you can do so after rooting your device. The root access on the device will allow you to remove system apps, this could be extremely useful when you want to remove apps that you don’t use too often but have consumed a large portion of your memory. So, let’s not waste the time and get to the job. The following guide shows how you can root your LG myTouch E739 smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. Keep it in mind and go ahead. However, you can restore the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. You must have ADB installed on your PC. Check out our guide on how to install ADB.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG myTouch E739:
1. Download and place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. Do NOT launch any files just yet.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, checkmark the box.
4. Launch a Command Prompt Window in the folder where you’ve installed ADB. To do so, go to the ADB folder, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, choose Open command window here.
5. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window you just opened:
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
6. Now, double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file you placed on your Desktop.
7. From inside the tool, click on Root button.
8. Reboot your device.
9. And you’re done!
Well done! Your LG myTouch E739 has now been rooted, allowing you to flash a custom recovery or root-only apps, or both!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG myTouch E739 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.