The Galaxy Note 2 has got a pretty big screen, that’s just a few inches lesser than the tablets, that’s why it’s called a Phablet. The Grid Dimensions on the device, by default, are four-by-four and they don’t make much sense if you really wanna use the entire space available on the screen. To modify the Grid Dimensions, there’s a simple method available that lets you have even five-by-five grids. Let’s see how you can get it on your Galaxy Note 2.
1. You must be running on the Stock ROM with Stock Launcher.
2. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure.
1. SecLauncher APK (Choose appropriate file from the attached files)
2. ES File Explorer (Google Play Link)
1. Download the SecLauncher APK file to the Desktop of your PC.
2. Whatever version of the file you downloaded, make sure to rename it to SecLauncher2.apk (apk is the extension).
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
5. Disconnect the device from your PC once the file is copied.
6. Install the ES File Explorer app on your device using the Play link given above.
7. Once it’s installed, open it from the App Drawer.
8. In the app, go to Settings>>Root settings and enable all the options in there.
9. Cut the SecLauncher2.apk file you have on your SD card and Paste it in the /system/app/ folder. If it asks for any overwrite permission, allow it.
10. Close the ES File Explorer app and come back to your homescreen.
11. You’re done!
For the first few seconds, you may not see the perfect grids, but that’s okay. Within the next 4-5 seconds, you’ll see the changes taking effect!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.