Announced at the Mobile World Congress 2011, the HTC ChaCha is a smartphone by HTC that runs on the Android OS providing users access to thousands of apps available over at Play Store. With main focus being on the comfort of the typing, this device can actually help you send hundreds of texts a day to your friends with its physical keyboard. If you’re one of the owners of this device and looking for a way to root, to get access to a lot more apps, then following guide’s certainly going to help you. It shows how you can root your HTC ChaCha smartphone with the easiest method available.
1. If you root your device, the warranty will be voided. However, you can restore the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.
3. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop. Don’t put it inside any folder, just leave it on top.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop using WinRAR or other similar tools.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
4. Turn ON the Unknown sources option from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
5. Once you’ve enabled both the options, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
6. You should have a file named RUNME.bat on your Desktop, double-click on it.
7. Follow the instructions given in the tool.
8. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
9. You’re rooted now!
Amazing! Your HTC ChaCha now has access to root level files, letting you install root-only apps and modify system files, if you wish.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the HTC ChaCha to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.