Announced a couple of months ago, LG Optimus L5 is a mid-range Android Device manufactured by LG Electronics. The smartphone brings the Android Ice Cream Sandwich to its users with more features than what you would find in earlier versions like Gingerbread. If you happen to own this device and are interested in customizing it the way you want, by simply installing root-only apps, you can root the device. Having root access lets you go deep-down to the system level files and you can change them according to your needs. To get you started with these things, follow our guide below.
1. You’ll void the warranty of your device if you root it. However, you’ll be able to reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive and place them on your Desktop. Don’t launch any file just yet.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Once connected, double-click on the root.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
6. Sit back and let it do the rooting process.
7. The device should reboot automatically.
8. You’re rooted now!
Congrats! You’ve successfully achieved root access on your Optimus L5, opening the gates to the root-only apps!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.