If your friends are enjoying custom ROMs on their devices and you too want those ROMs on your HTC Hero S device, you can install the ClockworkMod Recovery that will enable you to flash any ROM zips as well as any tweaks available for your device. Once the CWM is there on your device, you can start the actual customization of your device. To install ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Hero S, follow the following guide.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the HTC Hero S procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Your device has to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the CWM file you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Rename the file to PH44IMG.zip.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Transfer the PH44IMG.zip file to the SD card storage of your device.
5. Once done, disconnect the device from your PC.
6. Pull the battery out of your device.
7. Put it back into the device.
8. Now, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
9. The device will automatically find the file you transferred earlier and ask you if you want to update with the same. Hit Yes.
10. Once the device reboots, delete the CWM file.
11. You’re all set!
Brilliant! Your HTC Hero S is now equipped with a custom recovery to perform tasks like flashing ROMs and Mods!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Hero S to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.