Installing a custom recovery will help you gain much more functions than your stock recovery offers, and these range from flashing unofficial zip files to making/restoring backups without too much hassle. The guide below is designed to install a custom recovery (ClockworkMod Recovery) on the Samsung Galaxy Ace, a mid range device that runs Gingerbread officially currently. By way of having CWM, users can now take this device beyond Gingerbread to ICS or even Jelly Bean, if they are okay with the lag and the problems that come with doing that. Anyways, if you wanted ClockworkMod Recovery on your device, this post below will help you get it.
1. Back up everything you feel is important.
2. Make sure your device is charged to 75% or more before you begin.
3. You should be rooted for this procedure to work. If you are not, follow our guide on the same to help you.
4. This procedure works only on the Samsung Galaxy Ace running Gingerbread 2.3.x. Do not try this if you are running Froyo (Android 2.2.x).
recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-galaxyace-fix.zip [File attached to this post]
1. Connect your device to your PC in USB Storage Mode and copy recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-galaxyace-fix.zip to your SD card.
2. Disconnect your device and shut it down.
3. Press and hold the Home + Power buttons and let them go once your device boots into stock recovery
4. Use the Volume Up and Down keys to highlight to apply update from sdcard and press the home button to select it.
5. Locate and select recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-galaxyace-fix.zip to flash the file.
6. Once you see the install from sdcard complete message, highlight and select reboot system now.
And you’re done! The next time you try to access recovery, you should see ClockworkMod Recovery up and running!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!