Once you have unrooted your HTC Hero S smartphone, you’ll have your lost warranty back as well as no signs of any modifications made on the device. The RUU lets you unroot your device and it flashes the stock firmware, that takes your phone back to the out of box state. If you’re interested in unrooting your device, follow our guide below.
1. You should have rooted your device using the guide given here.
2. As the process will take some good time, make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Stock RUU (Download link’s given in the 15th post)
1. Place the Stock RUU ZIP archive on your Desktop. Do NOT extract it.
2. Rename the archive to PH44IMG.zip.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the ZIP archive over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder.
5. Once the file’s copied, disconnect the device from your PC.
6. Turn OFF the device.
7. Reboot it into bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. It should ask you if you want to update your device with the ZIP file you copied earlier. Select Yes.
9. Let it finish the process.
10. The device should reboot automatically.
11. When the device boots-up, just delete the ZIP file you copied earlier.
12. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your device’s now back to stock firmware and the root access has been removed. You can’t install root-only apps any longer, you may re-root your device if you wish to install them!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!