In the year 2012, we saw a good number of tablets being launched by companies and it wouldn’t be wrong if I call it the Tablet Year. Among the tablets launched in the year, Amazon brought the improved version of its tablet, the Kindle Fire. The new version’s called Kindle Fire HD and it comes with a 7″ inch screen and ICS onboard with 16GB and 32GB variants. As soon as the device hit the markets, the developers living around Android came out with a root method and that too a pain-free. With root access on the device, you’re just free to modify any part of the device and if you wanna have such freedom, follow our guide below. It explains how you can root your Kindle Fire HD 7.
1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, you’ll be able to restore the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download both the files to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package archive to your Desktop.
3. Copy su from /system/bin/ folder and Superuser.apk from /system/app/folder over to your Desktop.
4. Unzip files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
7. In the Command Prompt Window, type in following commands. Make sure to press ENTER after each line.
rm -r /data/local/tmp
ln -s /data/ /data/local/tmp
echo 'ro.kernel.qemu=1' > /data/local.prop
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
adb push su /system/xbin/su
chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
adb install Superuser.apk
8. You should be rooted once it’s done!
Congratulations! You now have root access on your Fire HD 7 and you’re ready to fire-up any root-only app on your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!