The most painful time for an Android owner is, when he tries out a custom ROM and ends-up with a bricked device. This happens all the time with flashaholics and if this has happened with your Droid RAZR M, we’ve something good for you. Not so long ago, Motorola pushed official stock firmware for downloads so the bricked users can restore their device and start everything from factory state. If this kind of thing has happened, you may follow our guide below that restores stock firmware on your device and unroots it, obviously.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. The device should be charged to have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. ICS Firmware (Download link’s available in the post)
2. RSDLite (It’s also available in the post)
1. Download both the files to the Desktop of your PC.
2. Turn OFF the device.
3. Reboot it into Fastboot mode. To do so, just press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
4. Select Fastboot from the options appearing on your screen.
5. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Extract files from RSDLite archive and put them on your Desktop.
7. Double-click on RSDLite executable file and it should launch.
8. Click “…” in the RSDLite and select the ICS firmware file you downloaded earlier.
9. Hit the Start button and wait for it to finish.
10. Once done, the device should reboot.
11. You’re unrooted now!
Brilliant! Your Droid RAZR M has successfully been flashed with stock ICS firmware, returning the device back to its factory state.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.