The Desire lineup smartphones of HTC have gotten remarkable success and to continue the trend, HTC has been naming their high-end smartphones under this lineup. HTC Desire X, the phone launched in 2010, sports a large 4″ inch screen along with Android Ice Cream Sandwich onboard. The smartphone’s equipped with a dual-core processor, we could expect at least this from HTC. An All-in-One Toolkit is out now for the device to gain root access as well as perform some other tasks, such as flashing a recovery. If you’re interested in rooting your HTC Desire X, you can follow our guide given below.
1. This will void the warranty of your device (until you unroot it).
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have unlocked bootloader of the device from HTCDev.
1. Root Toolkit (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Toolkit on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Toolkit archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Toolkit executable file and it should launch.
4. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. In the toolkit, choose ClockWorkMod from the Recovery section.
7. Hit the Flash Recovery button and wait till it finishes flashing the recovery.
8. Once done, choose Perm Root option from the Extras section.
9. Hit the Run button and it should root your device.
10. You should be rooted after it’s done!
Great! Your Desire X is now rooted and you can install any of your favorite root-only app on it!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Desire X to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.