The HTC EVO Design 4G is the fourth smartphone in the EVO linup from HTC and it was launched back in 2011. Until July 2012, the phone was running the Android Gingerbread and in the month of July, it got Android ICS upgrade which could be considered a big update for the phone. As soon as the update arrived, it broke root access on the device and forced users to find new methods to root the device. Thankfully, a new method has been invented by the XDA Members and you can use it to root your HTC EVO Design 4G smartphone. Follow our guide below and you should have root access on your device.
1. This will void the warranty of your device (until you unroot it).
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have drivers for your device installed on your PC. If you haven’t, you can get them from here.
4. You should have unlocked the bootloader of your device. You can do so over here.
1. Root Tool (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Place the Root Tool archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Tool archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on the device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the Root Tool executable file and wait for it to load fully.
6. Hit the Root option in the tool and let it root the device.
7. You should be rooted now!
Brilliant! All thanks to the tool, you have got root access on the device in no time. From now on, you’re free to use any root-only apps on your device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the HTC EVO Design 4G to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.