The successor of the LG Optimus L7 is already out in the market labeled as LG Optimus L9 (T-Mobile). As you would already guess, the phone runs on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich and is equipped with a dual-core processor to make things faster on the device. Shooting 1080p videos at 30fps has now been possible with the phone and with an increased amount of RAM, you wouldn’t feel any lags while watching the lovely moments of your life right on the phone. As with every carrier device, a bunch of bloatware comes preloaded and the only way to remove them is, root the device. As soon as you have gotten root access, you’ll be able to fling the bloatware away from the phone and here’s a guide that will help you root your device.
1. The warranty of the device will be voided once you root it.
2. You must have LG United Drivers installed on your PC.
3. This should temporarily root the device. No perm root method has been found, yet.
1. RunMe (It’s attached in the first post)
2. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package archive to your Desktop. Do NOT run any file just yet.
3. Rename the RunMe_L9.txt file to RunMe_L9.bat.
4. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
5. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Choose USB LG Mode as the connection type.
7. Right-click on RunMe_L9.bat file and select Run as administrator.
8. A prompt should appear on the device, choose restore my data option.
10. Reboot the device.
11. You’re all set!
Great! The device’s now rooted and you should be able to manage the root permissions with the Superuser app.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.