The All-in-One utilities are great as they allow one to easily root an Android device as well as flash a custom recovery and even unroot the device, all within a simple and neat user interface. Such utility was made available for the HTC EVO Design 4G to gain root access and in latest version of the utility, you’ll find the unroot option as well. If you want to unroot your HTC EVO Design 4G using the simple utility, you can follow the following guide.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you rooted it using any other method, we don’t guarantee that the following procedure will work for you.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left to ensure a smoother process.
1. Super Tool (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the Super Tool on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the Super Tool archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the Super Tool executable file and it should launch.
6. Choose Unroot option in the tool and let it do the process.
7. Once done, reboot the device.
8. You’re unrooted now!
Brilliant! You are now back to the factory state with no root access. The tool has simply removed Superuser and SU binaries from your device, hence you can’t modify system files anymore.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!