How to Unroot the Motorola Bravo
The Motorola Bravo was rooted on Android Froyo using the z4Root method and if you want to unroot the device, you don’t need any separate app as the z4Root just does the task. With availability of both, root and unroot features, the z4Root is a complete app every Bravo user should keep with him. If you want to unroot your Motorola Bravo, in case you’re going to service center and want to reinstate warranty, you can follow the guide given below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you’ve used any other method to root the device, we don’t guarantee that the following procedure will work for you.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. z4Root (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Motorola Bravo:
1. Download the z4Root APK file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the z4Root APK over to the root of your SD card. You can use Windows Explorer to do so, if you’re on Windows.
4. Once the file’s copied, disconnect your device from the PC.
5. Turn ON the Unknown sources option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
6. Enable the USB debugging function as well from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Once both enabled, open the File Manager on your device and tap on the APK to install it.
8. Once it’s installed, open it from Menu.
9. Hit Unroot button in the app and let it finish the task.
10. Once done, reboot the device.
11. You’re unrooted now!
Awesome! Your Motorola Bravo’s now back to its factory state, with no root access.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.