Samsung’s entry-level Android ICS Device, the Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330, debuted in August this year and with that, it brought a choice for beginners to choose their next ICS device. The phone brings a physical QWERTY keypad along with a nice set of hardware to meet the requirements of a heavy chatter. No matter what great features the device comes with, the real potential can only be unlocked by rooting the device. To root your Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 device, you can follow our guide.
1. Rooting voids the warranty of your device (until you unroot it).
2. Please charge your device to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post, under Rooting section)
1. Download and place the Root Package file onto your Desktop. Do NOT extract it.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Root Package file over to the SD card of your device.
4. Once done, disconnect the device from your PC.
5. Turn OFF the device.
6. Reboot the device into Stock Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
7. Once inside the recovery, choose apply update from sdcard.
8. Select the Root Package(update.zip) you copied earlier to the device.
9. Be patient and let it root the device.
10. Once done, reboot the device.
11. You’re good to go!
Brilliant! You now have root access on your Galaxy Chat B5330 device and if you want to confirm this, just follow this post.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.