China based company Huawei has entered the LTE market of U.S. by presenting the Huawei Activa 4G smartphone. The company had been doing pretty well in almost all corners of the world, however, it was absent in the LTE market but with the support of MetroPCs, we’re now seeing a Huawei device running on the ultra-fast LTE network in the States. If you happen to own this device but just don’t like the restrictions it comes with because of its OS, you better root the device. Root is similar to that Jailbreak, it removes all the restrictions imposed by the manufacturer and lets you have freedom to make it what you want it to be. To learn how to root your Huawei Activa 4G, follow our guide below.
1. This should void the warranty of your device. However, you’ll be able to get the warranty back by either unrooting the device or installing the stock firmware.
2. You must have installed ADB on your PC. See our guide to learn how to do so.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop. Do NOT extract it, just leave it as is.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the update.zip file you just downloaded over to the root of your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC.
5. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
6. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Launch a Command Prompt Window in the folder where you’ve installed ADB, it’s the folder where adb.exe file exists. Right-click on any empty area on the screen while holding down the Shift button, a menu should appear, choose Open command window here.
8. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot recovery
9. The device should reboot into the Recovery mode.
10. Once inside the recovery, select update from SD card.
11. Select the update.zip file you copied to your SD card.
12. It should take some time to flash the file.
13. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
14. And you’re rooted!
Brilliant! Your phone has been successfully rooted and you now have access to much more features on your device than what you had before!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!