The Karbonn Mobile A7 looks a lot like those HTC smartphones having curved corners and sleek style, especially the silver color makes phone look beautiful. The phone sports a 3.5″ inch capacitive touch screen and on the back, you’ll find a 5 MP Camera with flash to capture still images. The phone provides Android Gingerbread experience to users, however, you’ll find it a bit disappointing if you’ve been using an ICS device before. Well, the phone has got a root method to uncover the true potential of the device and eventually install some custom ROMs. And in the following guide, we’ve explained how you can root your Karbonn Mobile A7 device with the easiest method available. Let’s get started:
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can restore the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. Make sure your device’s charged to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first step)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop. Do NOT extract it, just leave it as is.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Root Package file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the file is copied, disconnect device from the PC.
5. Turn OFF the device.
6. Reboot it into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume UP+Power buttons together.
7. Release the buttons when the screen turns to Red.
8. Once inside the Recovery, choose apply update from sdcard.
9. Select the update.zip file you copied earlier to your device.
10. It should take some time to flash the file.
11. Once it’s done, choose reboot system now from the recovery menu.
12. And you’re rooted now!
Wonderful! You should see the Superuser app right on your Menu when the device boots up, that confirms the root has successfully been achieved.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Karbonn Mobile A7 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.