The Micromax A100 sports a large screen of 5″ inch which is similar to that of Galaxy Note screen and when you get the device in your palms, it really feels like having a high-end device. As you might have already guessed, the phone runs the Android 4.0.3 ICS and is equipped with a 1GHz processor to never let your tasks down on the device. For whatever reasons, if you feel that your device doesn’t provide features it’s supposed to, better you root it. Rooting the device will let you have so many options to expand the functionality of the device and even get a custom ROM on it. To learn how to root your Micromax A100 smartphone, follow our guide below.
1. Rooting voids the warranty of the device. However, you can get the warranty back if you unroot the device.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Drivers (It’s attached in the first post)
2. Root Package (It’s second in the attached files list)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop. Do NOT run any files just yet.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Dial the following number from your device:
5. Choose the first option and hit ON.
6. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. The device should automatically reboot.
8. On your PC, go to Start>>Computer and click on System properties.
9. On the next screen, click on Device Manager given in the left-side.
10. In the Device Manager, right-click on your device and select Update Driver Software….
11. When it asks for where the drivers are located, choose Browse my computer for driver software.
12. Select your Desktop as the Driver location and follow the on-screen instructions.
13. You should be done with installing drivers.
Great! As you now have drivers for your device installed on your PC and it can recognize the device, let’s get to the root procedure now.
1. Make sure that the USB debugging is enabled on your device. If it isn’t, head to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging and enable it.
2. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Select Media Transfer as the connection type.
4. Now, double-click on the ROOT.bat file you extracted to your Desktop earlier.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. And you should be rooted now!
Brilliant! Your Micromax A100 has been successfully rooted, all thanks to the one-click utility. You may now proceed to installing a custom recovery or load up some root-only apps on the device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Micromax A100 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.