The latest and greatest Samsung Galaxy Stellar is one of the high-end devices running the Android Ice Cream Sandwich with a nice set of hardware which include–1.2GHZ dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM. The only thing that disappoints users is lack of flash on the phone’s camera, though if you can sacrifice it, you can really have a good grab. A root method has also been developed by the users to let you get more from your device which you can’t get without root access. To root your Samsung Galaxy Stellar, follow the following guide.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can restore the warrant by either unrooting the device or flashing the stock firmware.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the batch (.bat) file you extracted from the archive.
6. Press 1 on your keyboard and hit the Enter button.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Finally, you should be rooted!
Awesome! The Galaxy Stellar has successfully been rooted and if you took a look at an app which didn’t run on the device just because it wasn’t rooted, you can install it now and it should work fine!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Galaxy Stellar to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!