Installing root-only apps and custom ROMs may result in brick of the device sometimes. You don’t even have the valid warranty of the device, so no chances of taking it back to the service center. In this case, unrooting the device can help you as it restores the warranty of the device and you can then take it to the service center. If such thing has happened with your LG Optimus L3 E400 smartphone, you can follow our unrooting guide below. It’ll unroot the device as well as reinstate the warranty, let’s get started.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device’s charged and has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. GingerBreak APK (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Place the APK file you just downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device after the file has been copied.
5. Turn ON the USB debugging option by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
6. Turn ON the Unknown sources option as well from Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
7. Open the File Manager on your device and tap on the APK file to install it.
8. Once it’s installed, launch it from Menu.
9. Hit Unroot button in the app and let it unroot the device.
10. It should take some time to unroot the device.
11. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
12. You’re all done!
Great! Your device has been restored to its factory state and all the SU binaries have been removed from the device. It’s now as original as it was when you took it out of the box!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!