In order to open a new app on your device while another app is running, you’ve to go back to the homescreen and then tap the icon of the app you want to open. The process takes some good time as you need to make a few taps and all that, well, there’s now an easy option available that makes the entire job pretty easy. GYF Side Launcher is an Android launcher that allows you to open up new apps from the apps that are currently running on the device and saves you a few taps. To learn how to get this working on your device, you can follow our guide below.
1. Your device must be running on Android 2.2 or later.
1. Place the APK file you just downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the file’s copied, disconnect the device from your PC.
5. Open the File Manager on your device and tap on the APK to install it.
6. Now, open any app on your device, Opera Mini, for example.
7. Swipe-right and you should see the list of apps installed on your device.
8. Tap any app and it should open.
9. You’re all done!
Great! Your multitasking has now become much easier, all thanks to the side launcher.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.