Once you have gotten root access on your device, getting a custom recovery becomes child’s play. While we already have a rooting guide for the Sony Xperia GO, the following guide shows how you can flash the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. The version that you’ll be installing is an unofficial one developed by an XDA Member, though there doesn’t seem to be any bugs in the recovery and it works just fine on the device. So, let’s see how you can accomplish the task.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our rooting guide to root your device.
2. You must be running on the Stock Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
3. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
4. You must have locked bootloader of your device.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the archive you just downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the install.bat file and the utility should launch.
6. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
7. Once Recovery’s installed, reboot the device.
8. You’re all set!
Brilliant! Your Xperia GO is now rocking the ClockworkMod Recovery that lets you play with custom ROMs and Tweaks.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia GO to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.