How to Root the Sony Xperia GO
Sony Xperia GO was announced back in 2012 and it’s a mid-range smartphone from Sony carrying the taste of latest Ice Cream Sandwich. If you look at the specs–the device boasts a large 3.5″inch screen and has Sony Bravia Engine, something that makes Sony phones unique and more powerful than the others. The other specs remain same as any normal device, a 5 MP Camera on the back, 8 GB of Internal Storage and 512 MB of RAM. A root method has been discovered by an XDA Member to root the Xperia GO device and to help you with rooting your device, here we’ve a nice guide for you that explains all the steps required to root the device. Follow the guide and get your device rooted!
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty. However, you can unroot the device to reinstate the warranty of there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must be running on the Android ICS or Jelly Bean.
3. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
4. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Rooting the Sony Xperia GO:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop using any free tools like WinRAR.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted from the archive.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. If it asks for the mod, select Normal mode.
8. Within a few seconds, your device should be rooted.
9. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your Xperia GO has successfully been rooted and the Superuser app should be present in your App Drawer. The SU app will let you permit apps to use system files so you’ll have control over what apps are using the root access!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia GO to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.