How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
When the root method for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 arrived, many of you might have rooted their devices and lost the warranty within no time. The only disadvantage of rooting is it voids the warranty, however, if you’re lucky enough and have stock ROM for the device, you’re just a few clicks away to reinstate the warranty. Fortunately, stock ROMs are available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and once flashed, returns the device back to its factory state and restores the warranty. If you want to learn how you can unroot your Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, see the following guide.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device has at least 70% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock ROM (Use the search function to find the stock ROM)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it will launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA option and select the Stock ROM file you extracted earlier.
5. Turn OFF your tablet.
6. Reboot it into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. Press the Volume UP key when the warning appears on the screen.
8. Connect the tablet to your PC via USB cable.
9. Hit Start button in the Odin and it’ll start flashing the file.
10. You should get a message when the flashing’s done.
11. Reboot the device.
12. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your device’s now back to the factory state and the warranty has also been restored.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.