Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is a fully-featured smartphone, however, something you can’t get by default is the ability to install custom ROMs. No manufacturer enables this feature but there’s a whole community out there that works on such things and makes impossible things possible. One such invention is ClockworkMod Recovery, a custom recovery that enables installation of custom ROMs along with some other useful options. As soon as it’s up and running on the device, you’ll immediately be able to flash ZIPs of your favorite ROMs or Tweaks. To learn how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) smartphone, follow our guide below.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your device is charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post, in section-2)
2. Odin (Download link’s given in the first post, in section-1)
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it will launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA and select the ClockworkMod Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
5. Uncheck the Repartition box if it’s checked in the tool.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do this, just press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. If it asks for confirmation, hit Yes.
9. Once in Download mode, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. One of the boxes in Odin will turn into Yellow. It means the device has been recognized by the tool.
11. Hit the Start button and the process will begin.
12. Once done, the device should reboot automatically.
13. You’re all done!
Great! The CWM Recovery has been successfully installed on the device and you can now enjoy custom ROMs on it.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: AllAboutSamsung
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.