Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE carries all the features its standard variant has and adds the LTE functionality to the device for a boost in the network speed. While the features being same, you’ll feel the difference in speed of the files you download to your device, such as apps from Google Play or your favorite music, everything would be as fast as the speed of light. Let’s get to the point, if you’ve purchased the device and want to try out some root-only apps or just want to peek around system files, then you’re going to need the root access and in the following guide, we’ve got everything covered. The next few sections will teach you how you can root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can unroot the device to reinstate the warranty if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device is charged fully or has at least 60% battery life left to ensure a smoother process.
3. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
1. Odin (It’s attached in the second post)
2. CF-Root (Download link’s given in the third post)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives and put them on your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA and then select the CF-Root file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
7. If it shows a message and asks for confirmation, hit Yes.
8. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. The Repartition box must NOT be checked in Odin.
10. Click the Start button and it should begin the process.
11. The device should reboot when the rooting’s done.
12. You’re all set!
Cheers! Your Galaxy Note 2 LTE is now rooted and the Superuser app should be present in your App Drawer. Go ahead and download all your favorite root-only apps and enjoy!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: Pocket-lint
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!