How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon)
One of the obvious steps that come after rooting a device is installing a custom recovery that replaces the stock recovery with a bunch of new features. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) has got the official version of the ClockworkMod Recovery recently and it looks like users have even started flashing custom ROMs using the aforementioned recovery. To join the party of these flashers and be a part of them, then just follow the following guide and you’ll also have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Galaxy Note 2 Verizon variant.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. The battery level on your device shouldn’t be less than 50%.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ROM Manager (Google Play Link)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon):
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, launch it from the App Drawer.
3. On the first screen, you’ll find an option called Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Tap on it.
4. It’ll then ask you to choose your device from the list, just choose your Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) from the list.
5. As soon as you select the device, it’ll start flashing the recovery.
6. Once it’s done flashing the recovery, you’ll get a success message on your screen.
7. And you’re done!
Wonderful! Your stock recovery has now been replaced with ClockworkMod Recovery which offers nice and plenty of more features to than the stock one to customize your device!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.