No matter how hard the manufacturers try to make their devices great, there’s always a room for improvements and bug-fixes. The former one represents our case better, the Microsoft Surface RT’s Touch Screen can become more responsive if some values in the Win Registry are modified. Many of the users who have changed the values are reporting that their tablets are now more responsive than ever and scrolling through directories is now much smoother. If you happen to own the Surface RT and want to apply the said fix, you can follow the following guide.
1. The following procedure is intended to work on the Surface RT only.
1. MOD (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place the MOD ZIP on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. You’ll get a file with .reg extension.
3. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
4. Copy the .reg file you extracted above over to the storage of your device.
5. Once the file’s copied, unplug the device from your PC.
6. On your device, tap on the new file you just copied.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Reboot the device.
9. And you’re done!
Great! As soon as you apply the fix, you should see the improvement in the responsiveness of the touch screen. It’s now as smooth as butter!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.