The days are gone when you needed to connect your device to your PC using cables to transfer files as much convenient options have now become available. With the connectivity options like WiFi, you can transfer files fro and to your device without using cables at a faster transfer rate. You don’t need to buy any expensive accessory to do that, you just need an app and fortunately, the app’s available at free of cost. So, let’s see how you can share your device’s files over WiFi using the app.
1. Both your PC and your device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
1. AirDroid (Google Play Link)
1. Download and install the AirDroid app on your device.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. It’ll show a tour for the first time users, just skip it.
4. Now, you’ll see an IP address and a password in the app. Note them down.
5. Open a Web Browser on your PC and type in the IP address you got in previous step.
6. You’ll then be asked to enter the password. Just input the password you got in step-4.
7. Hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
8. And you’re done!
Great! You’ll now be able to copy files from your device to your PC and vice versa. The transfer rate would be as fast as if you were copying files from one drive to another on your PC!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!