Sometimes while installing custom ROMs and Tweaks, the device gets bricked and it doesn’t even turn ON. This is the most painful time an Android user can ever have and the only solution to the issue is flashing the stock firmware. Luckily, for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) users, the stock firmware images have become available allowing users to go back to the factory state and unroot the device as well. In the following guide, we’ve broken down the entire process into steps on how you can unroot the Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) smartphone. Just follow the guide and you’ll end up with an unrooted device!
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Firmware Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. PIT File (Download link’s available in the first post)
3. Odin (Download link’s given in the first post, in section-1)
1. Place all three files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA button and select the Firmware Image (.tar.md5) you downloaded earlier.
5. Click on PIT button and select the PIT File you downloaded earlier.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode. This can be achieved by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Press the Volume UP key when a warning message appears on the screen.
9. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Now, click on Start button in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
11. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
12. You’re unrooted now!
Great! Your device has been successfully unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware. All the modifications that were done on the device are lost and your warranty’s back now!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.