Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i was launched with Android Ice Cream Sandwich running on the board as the specifications of the device fully support this version of the Android Firmware. There’s been no word about any update to Jelly Bean, however, if you install a custom recovery and flash a JB ROM, you can enjoy the all new version of Android on your device. ClockworkMod Recovery has become available for the device and it takes only a minute to install. Once it’s done, you’re ready to flash custom ROMs on the device that will let you enjoy the new features that were introduced with that particular version of firmware. Let’s see how you can get the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Xperia Tipo ST21i.
1. You must have done our How to Root the Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i procedure.
2. This should replace your current recovery with the ClockworkMod Recovery.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place the ClockworkMod Recovery archive on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop. You can use free tools like WinRAR to do so.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the install.bat file and the process should begin.
6. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
7. Once done, reboot the device.
8. You’re all set!
Wonderful! Since you now have a custom recovery on your device, you can go ahead and flash custom ROMs on the device.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!