Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i is an affordable Android smartphone launched especially for the Asian Markets at the price tag of $152, not making a dent in your bank account. Specifications of the phone include a 800MHz processor along with 512MB of RAM, not quite good if you’re planning to get those Gameloft games on your device. Rest of the specs include a traditional 3MP Camera, 2.5GB memory, Bluetooth and WiFi to access the free hotspots near you. If you’ve purchased the device and want to gain root access on it to load some root-only apps, then you’ve come to the right place. The following guide shows how you can root your Xperia Tipo ST21i smartphone and enjoy plenty of root-only apps on the device.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Root Package archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s enabled, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Now, from the files you extracted to your Desktop, double-click on the file named RunMe.bat.
6. Once launched, it’ll ask you to select the root mode. Select Normal mode.
7. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
8. And finally you should be rooted!
Awesome! Your Xperia Tipo has been successfully rooted and should you want to use root-only apps, you can do so now!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.