Have you been facing issues with your rooted Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i smartphone and want to take it to the service center? No problem, do so but first unroot the device as it’ll restore the warranty that you lost after rooting the device. At the service center, your request will only be considered if your warranty’s alive and that can be done by unrooting the device. So, let’s see how you can unroot your Xperia Tipo ST21i smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Root Package archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Unzip files from the archive and place them on your Desktop.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Now, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Launch the Root Tool by double-clicking on RunMe.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. If it asks to choose the mode, choose Normal mode.
7. Select Unroot option in the tool and continue.
8. Follow any instructions you see on your screen.
9. Once unrooting’s done, reboot the device.
10. You’re all done!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully unrooted and your warranty’s now back. Now, you won’t have any issues bringing the device to the service center.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!