If you’re going to visit the service center because you’ve messed up with your device and it’s not working properly, then make sure you unroot it first. Unrooting will restore the warranty of the device hence you won’t have to face any unexpected questions at the center. Here in this guide, we’re going to walk you through the steps to unroot your Motorola RAZR HD XT925 smartphone. If all the steps are followed correctly, you’ll end up with an unrooted device. Let’s get started:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This will reinstate the warranty of the device.
1. ES File Explorer (Google Play Link)
1. Download and install the ES File Explorer app on your device using the link given above.
2. Once installed, launch it from the App Drawer.
3. Press the Menu key and select Settings.
4. Scroll all the way down and tap Root settings.
5. Put checkmark in all the boxes available there.
6. Come back to the original screen and navigate to /system/app/ directory.
7. Find the file named Superuser.apk and delete it.
8. Now, head over to /system/bin/ directory.
9. Delete the file named su.
10. Next, go to /system/xbin/ and look if su file exists there. If it’s there, delete it.
11. Close the app.
12. Reboot the device.
13. You’re done!
Great! Though the procedure was manual and not based on any commands, finally you have successfully unrooted the device.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!