Chainfire’s known for coming up with easiest root methods for the Android Devices and recently, he developed a root method for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. The device in talk runs the Android Ice Cream Sandwich and is upgradable to Android Jelly Bean, a big relief for those of you seeking to get their hands on the Google’s latest innovation. Some of the developers have already customized the Jelly Bean for the device in the form of custom ROMs and if you install them on your device, you can have a bit different experience than the ones using pure JB. First step towards installing custom ROMs is root the device and the following guide explains how you can root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 device.
1. This should void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
3. The following procedure is intended to work on P5100, P5110 and P5113 models only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given next to your model no. in the third post)
2. Odin (It’s attached in the second post)
1. Place both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA and select the Root File (.tar.md5) you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot the device into Download mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. Once inside the Download mode, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
8. Uncheck the Repartition box if it’s checked.
9. Hit the Start button and it’ll begin rooting the device.
10. It should take some time to root the device, so be patient.
11. And you’re rooted now!
Brilliant! Your device has been successfully rooted and you now have the ability to install root-only apps on your device.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!