How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305
The International LTE version of Samsung Galaxy S3 has gotten a root method and two custom recoveries, this proves that how much love developers have for this device and the development is still going on. Recently, stock firmware files surfaced the Internet allowing users to get their device back to stock and unroot it. To help users unroot their device and get back to stock, here we’ve come with a nice tutorial that teaches how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 device. So, let’s get onto the procedure.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully to ensure a smoother process.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate one for your device)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop so you can find them easily at a later time.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA tab and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin.
6. Leave Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode. You can do so by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Once inside the Download mode, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Click on Start button in the Odin and leave the rest of the work on the tool.
11. Your device should reboot once flashing’s done.
12. And you’re all done!
Great! Your device is no longer rooted, it’s been unrooted and now runs the official Samsung firmware. It’s also reinstated the warranty of the device, so you’re in warranty period once again!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.