How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Has your manufacturer just rolled out an update you’ve been waiting for but can’t get it because you’re on a custom ROM? No problem, we’ll help you get back to the stock ROM to make you eligible for the official update and patches. Installing stock firmware on Samsung devices is a child’s play if you’ve got all the necessary things, like Odin and the firmware files. In the following, we’re gonna show you how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 device and get it back to stock. So, let’s get onto the procedure.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 70% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate one for your device from the first post)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1:
1. Download and place both the files to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin.
6. Uncheck the Repartition box if it’s checked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do that, simply press and hold Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
9. Once you’re in Download mode, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Hit the Start button and it’ll begin flashing files.
11. It’ll take some good time to flash the files, so have patience.
12. Once it’s done, your device should reboot automatically.
13. And you’re done!
Congrats! Your device is now back to the stock firmware and you can now take advantage of any firmware update that your manufacturer is rolling out!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.