If you happen to own the Huawei Ascend II device from Straight Talk, you’ll be glad to know that a root method is available for the device that will unlock true capabilities of the device and you’ll then be able to install apps available exclusively for rooted phones. Rooting also opens gates for custom recoveries that you can flash on your device, it’s a whole different thing, though. The first step towards customizing an Android device is rooting the device and in the following guide, we’ve shown how you can root your Huawei Ascend II (Straight Talk) smartphone. Follow all the steps carefully and you should have success.
1. This should void the warranty of the device. However, it can be reinstate by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Poot APK (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-1)
2. Miinistro II APK (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-2)
1. Download and place both the APKs onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy both the APKs over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the APKs are copied, unplug the device from your PC.
5. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable Unknown sources option.
6. Now, open File Manager and install both the APKs one by one.
7. Once both are installed, launch the Poot app first.
8. It’ll download some library files so you’ve to wait for a few minutes.
9. Once it’s done, tap the button labeled as Press here to poot.
10. It’ll begin rooting the device.
11. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
12. Open the Poot app once again and tap the button labeled as Built-in root check.
13. After the root access is confirmed, head over to Google Play and install the Superuser app.
14. You’re all done!
Well done! Your device has been successfully rooted and you can now install any of your favorite root-only apps, you just have to grant permission to the app to access system level files!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Huawei Ascend II (Straight Talk) to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!