Sprint users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone can now enjoy the root-only apps as well as custom ROMs on their devices as a root method has recently been discovered and the device is now in the same race just like its International variant. The root access has arrived in the form of a Odin flashable file created by Chainfire, a popular name in the rooting department. So, to get rid of the limits on your device and enjoy the freedom of Android, let’s root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint) smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the third post)
2. Odin (It’s attached in the second post)
1. Place both the files you just downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA button and select the CF-Root file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin, leave rest of the boxes unchecked.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode. This can be done by simply holding down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. Hit Start button and wait for the process to finish.
10. It should take a minute or two to finish flashing the file.
11. Once it’s done, the device should reboot automatically.
12. You’re rooted now!
Cheers! Your device has been successfully rooted and you can confirm the same by installing the Root Checker app. With root access on the device, you can now load your favorite apps that work only on rooted phones!
1.If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.